I am in it with all my heart~Vincent van Gogh

Congratulations!! You found me - Talya Johnson (my friends call me Tali) :) Here you will find my ramblings and thoughts about the creative process, life in general, and how painting and searching for beauty gives me the hope. This blog is a little more personal in nature, a bit less commercial and geared more toward people interested in the creative process and an artistic lifestyle.

 

Body Extension Art

4/20/2019 8:04:57 PM

Should Extensions sculpture by Talya Johnson, OCAC 3D Object Foundation with Ryan Burghard, photo by Mario Gallucci

**Cross posted from https://www.patreon.com/posts/26247192**   Most of us living in the real world don’t know what that term even means: body extension art. I sure didn’t.    The second semester of my Object Foundation class is far more focused on the concept and even politics of design.  More on that later...maybe ??. While I am not an object designer, nor do I ever see myself as ever becoming one, I begrudgingly concede that the exercise of making something based on an idea, concept or theory, is making a more conscientious artist.    Our objective for this project was to “create (1) wearable sculptural object or apparatus that [...]

Read More